Friday, February 7, 2014

Vegetarian Post #16

So it turns out I had a really successful week! And I'm super proud of myself! I'm going to start researching some health facts and I'm going to start focusing on what it's like to be vegetarian and a teenager. That is a definite possibility for my speech at the end. Like describing how hard it is to go out and find a vegetarian option. And how hard it is to live in American society when meat is a part of our culture and cuisine. I think I'm going to interview my mentor to see what she has to say about being a lifetime vegetarian, and see if I can incorporate any of that into my speech. 

My teacher recommended that I should go around and try to find any vegetarian/healthy options at mainstream restaurants. So that what should be in my blog next week!


Food log:

1 Comments:

At February 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Delixandra Bermudez said...

Hi Clare!
My name is Della, I'm an undergraduate student at the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford, CT. I'm studying Special Education and hope to be an elementary school teacher! I actually became a vegetarian my freshman year of high school- and I'm still going! My biggest challenge as a vegetarian teen was not having the support of my family. Although they tolerated my new choices, they didn't believe in what I was doing and they didn't think it would last. I thought more of my friends would support me- and was surprised when they didn't. Have you run into these kind of issues with your family and friends? How do you think social pressures might affect a teenager's decision to become a vegetarian?
Can't wait to read more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home